weather in Istanbul in early Nov

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by dermaprem, Oct 25, 2012.

1. dermaprem

dermaprem New Member

found a last minute package holiday to Istanbul...we'll be leaving for Istanbul on 3rd Nov and im wondering now what the weather might be like? Also, any must sees? and is it worth doing the Belgrade Forest visit and day trip to Bursa?

2. mopreme

mopreme New Member

hope you weren't looking for hot sunny weather because travel in November to Istanbul isn't the best. In fact, you will need to pack warm clothes cos it will be cold and umbrellas because it will rain also. Sorry to be the bear of bad news..i hope u got your last minute trip fairly cheap?

3. SeriusBlaxk

SeriusBlaxk New Member

traveling to Istanbul...must do's

the must sees are the Hagia Sophia, Topakapi Palace, Blue mosque, Grand bazaar, and pretty much the entire old sultanhamet area is a must on your itinerary. I'd also add visiting Basilica Cistern (cool underground water palace) and taking a day trip to Buyukada Island. I am not sure about Belgrade Forest because of the weather...it'll be too cold to spend a day in the forest imo. Bursa is also fairly far from Istanbul and a day trip may not be worth it.

4. dermaprem

dermaprem New Member

oh boy, i shoud have guessed it being so cheap..oh well, hopefully it wont be too bad the weather, though i wanted a bit of sun. thanks for the suggestions...