Weather in March

Discussion in 'Switzerland' started by Delorios, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Delorios

Delorios New Member

Weather in Switzerland in March isn't very warm. Temperatures are between 8°C in the valley areas of the country but in the mountain parts it will be closer to 1-2°C. I suggest you bring warm clothes, underwear, wind jacket and hiking boots that you can use for rain/snow weather. Do not forget a hat, some sun cream and sun glasses for your mountain visits.

2. Rigged3000

Rigged3000 New Member

Weather in March in Switzerland is hard to predict and it's always a toss between cold, warm and rainy, which is why March isn't really the best month I would recommend first timers traveling there. If you don't mind this then, be sure to dress for just about anything. Particularly if you plan to stay in high altitude areas as it gets colder up there.

3. GeronimoD

GeronimoD New Member

This is very true. It's difficult to predict the weather in Switzerland because it mostly has to do with the elevation of the area. To give oyu an idea, it gets about 30 degrees colder at the top of the Jungfrau than it is 8000 feet lower in the Lauterbrunnen valley.

QUOTE=Rigged3000;167023]Weather in March in Switzerland is hard to predict and it's always a toss between cold, warm and rainy, which is why March isn't really the best month I would recommend first timers traveling there. If you don't mind this then, be sure to dress for just about anything. Particularly if you plan to stay in high altitude areas as it gets colder up there.[/QUOTE]