What are the best places in India to travel to in JUNE?

Discussion in 'India' started by cyberwatch, Jun 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. cyberwatch

cyberwatch New Member

I am living in Kolkata and will be in india through june. in june i have some time to travel. i know it will be awfully hot, but are there any places that are reasonably cool to visit in june? i love nature and wildlife. and not crazy hot weather

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

hi there,

I would suggest Sikkim in Galtoka for the diverse wildlife. It is densely covered by forest and vegetation. Regarding wild life in Sikkim, Yeti is believed to be still existing in the Himalayas of Sikkim and local people still claim to witnessing Yeti in the high trekking areas.

Other animals include leopard, Himalayan black bear, barking Deer, Musk Deer, Sambar, Marbled Cat, Leopard Cat, Squirrel, Tiger, Panda, Otter, Ovis, Nahura, ovismon Goral and wild boar is also found.

Hope this helps
    Vacationbuddy

3. Linkmanager

Linkmanager New Member

I would suggest to visit Himachal side in India for cool weather out there.. 12 months... There are really a beautiful places to visit and spend vacations...

4. Andrew

Andrew Moderator

Hi cyberwatch,
    Kerala, one of the most beautiful states of India is a perfect place for your trip in June. Kovalam, Alleppey and Munnar are some of the popular Kerala attractions among tourists and the Kovalam beach, Varkala beach, Kappad bach, Marari beach and Bekal beach are the best known beaches in Kerala.

We had 2 weeks Kerala vacation and visted many Kerala attractions including Kumarakom. Kumarakom is the most popular backwater destination of Kerala and has a bird sanctuary. We have rented a house boat and visited places in & around Kumarakom. The Kumarakom bird sanctuary is really a wonderful place if you are a bird lover. The ideal time to visit this park is from June to August, so I think you don't miss this in June. Some of the other interesting things you can do at Kumarakom are - take a motor boat and visit backwaters, water skiing in Vembanad lake, rowing country Boat through Kumarakom Canal, backwaters cruise and night fishing in the river. Some of the wildlife sanctuaries you will also explore in Kerala are Periyar national park, Silent valley national park and Eravikulam national park. You can enjoy the exotic wildlife, beaches, waterfalls and backwaters of Kerala as you relax on a houseboat. You can reach Kerala within four hours from New Delhi, so plan your trip and have a wonderful vacation in Kerala!

5. davidderon

davidderon New Member

sorry to hijack the thread folks:)...besides Sikkim in Galtoka, Himachal and Kerala..do you know of any other areas that are cool and pleasant in June?

6. Danny

Danny Moderator

hey, davidderon, Ladahk in the region of Jammu and Kashmir, is one of the best and most pleasant parts of India in June. In fact, I'd say it's one of the most amazing places on the entire planet, let alone just India.

Popular places to visit in Ladahk include Leh, Drass valley, Suru valley, Kargil, Zangskar, Zangla, Rangdum, Padum, Phukthal, Sani Monastery, Stongdey, Shayok Valley, Sankoo, Salt Valley.

7. supindersingh

supindersingh New Member

I am suggesting these place to visit in June - Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune.

8. devikasinghds

devikasinghds New Member

In june North and West region of India become too hot. Delhi, Rajasthan Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh become too hot. You can enjoy on Mountains and go to Uttarakhand, Jammu & Kashmir or go to Goa and south India.

9. seokanika

seokanika New Member

Kerala is the best place for the beautiful experience of an unforgettable journey for lifetime, specially in June...

10. gaurav467

gaurav467 New Member

avoid coastal areas in JUNE

I'd definitely say to avoid the coastal areas like kerala, karnataka, goa and Mumbai because of monsoon season which starts in early June.

I think some good places to visit in India in June time would be Mysore, Ooty, Coonor etc. There's a zoo at Mysore - I was more intrigued by the birds which seemed enormous to me, than the animals. The toy train from Ooty to Coonor would be a good trip for kids too I think.

11. anoopWebtech

anoopWebtech New Member

monali !
    Manali situated in Himachal Pradesh, near the end of the valley on the highway leading to Leh. The beauty of the landscape here is entirely without words. The Beas River is another place of great beauty of Manali, which crosses the city. The awesome beauty of Manali forcing many couples to begin their married life in Manali itself. Tourist Attractions in Manali infuse the spirit, whose excitement and adventure in you. For example, you can try canoeing, rafting and kayaking on the waters of River Beas in Manali.

12. gaurav467

gaurav467 New Member

Mahabaleshwar is famous for its natural beauty and pleasant environment. Its rainy days are best time to be visited.