what can I do that is related to Anime and Manga in Japan?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by crios, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. crios

crios New Member

Hi,
    Two of my children are into anime, what can I do that is related to Manga? What is the best time to go and the cheapest time.

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

If you're into Manga and Anime, you're in luck! There are anime and manga museums all over Japan, such as Okayama.

The Manga Museums of Okayama are tow of my favs! The Kawakami's Kibi Kawakami Manga Museum has many rare old items and first Manga editions, while the Igarashi Yumiko Museum in Kurashiki is devoted to the Candy Candy manga.

By the way, Japan is cool anytime, but July and August are way too hot and humid. Come in early March for pleasant weather and good deals!

where in Japan you want to go?

3. crios

crios New Member

Thank you,
    We really dont know, should we go in a tour group or adventure on our own. We dont speak the language but my son is willing to get some tapes and learn. LOL
    My oldest son is 23yrs and the young one is 16 years old. So I would like to do something for both of them.

4. crios

crios New Member

Should I use a tour guide in Japan

I am planning to take my kids to Japan sometime in late August beg. of September. School starts in September here in NYC, Would we be better going on a tour bus or just adventuring on our own, I hear that Japan is pretty safe. Is it true.

Thanks
    CR

5. Danny

Danny Moderator

As a first timer to Japan, I suggest booking a Japan tour packages as they'll include things like transportation, accommodation, meals, and guides who are knowledgeable of the area.

You can even book a special Anime tour package if you wish so it's definitely worth considering, especially if you don't know much Japanese.

What's your budget?

6. crios

crios New Member

Thank you for your suggestions, I havent put out a budget yet, but Im guessing around 5thousand for spending money?? I dont know if thats enough

7. Danny

Danny Moderator

£5000 for the three of you sounds reasonable. The last time I was in Tokyo for 2 weeks, I survived fine on $500. It really depends on what you like doing; what you eat and what you want to see. Try to use buses to get around as much as possible and purchase a savings pass