What is the coolest place to go in Uruguay

Discussion in 'Uruguay' started by mitraveler, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

So where is the one place you should see when you're in Uruguay? What would you recommend?

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

It would be silly to go to South America and just see one thing, of course, but it's always nice to ask about the top attractions. The beaches of the Gold Coast are quite lovely. In Montevideo (love that name) you could visit the Ciudad Veija where most of the tourist attractions are found, including the old palace, once the tallest in South America.

3. Garr

Garr New Member

The eastern beaches of Uruguay really rock! Punta del Diablo has became pretty popular lately but places like Cabo Polonio and Valizas should be in your itinerary (at least as day trip from Punta del Diablo). I went sandboarding on march and loved it.

4. finallytravel

finallytravel New Member

Montevideo is the coolest place to go in Uruguay

Uruguay has some cool attractions so it's hard to name just one place, but if I had to choose one it would Montevideo. The reason being is because the capital has a ton of attractions so if you just styed there you would get to see most of Uruguay's top attractions such as La Rambla, Palacio Legislativo, Teatro Solis, Pocitos, Ciudad Vieja, etc.

5. Wanderled

Wanderled New Member

I only traveled to one place other than Montevideo while in Uruguay, but it was beautiful. I traveled to La Paloma. It is a small beach town that has a very "chill" vibe. It is a nice place to have a getaway trip vs the wilder beach and club scene of Punta.

Have an excellent trip!
    Sarah Waugaman