What time of day to visit Angkor Wat

Discussion in 'Cambodia' started by FordHenry, Nov 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. FordHenry

FordHenry New Member

Angkor Wat is really a breath-taking sight. I knew it would looking at the pictures but when I got to see in the flesh, it did not disappoint. How could it? It's an amazing sight at any time of day, though if it's your first trip to Angkor Wat go there around noon time. Sunrise and sunset times are also great because of the fewer crowds, though the lighting is poor. Bring a torch with you when visiting Angkor Wat;)

2. Better2know

Better2know New Member

Be an early bird people...Angkor Wat gets well busy. I got there early like 5am to avoid the crowds and catch the sunrise without all the crowds getting in the way. Also remember it costs $20 to gain access to all the temples. Each temple takes easily 2 hours to view and there's food and water available to buy.

3. ruizvs

ruizvs New Member

I visited Angkor Wat and Banteay Srei, when I was in Cambodia last year. An official pass is required to go inside the temple complexes, and they will be checked accordingly so don't buy any fake passes. I paid $40 and the pass was valid for 3 days. You cannot resale your pass because they will print your photo on the ticket.

4. JohnShiyan

JohnShiyan New Member

Also in Siem Reap you will visit The Great Escape Room a game where you can solve the mystery in real or find the answers of clues and riddles to find the treasure and escape the room within an hour.

5. StephanieGodfrey

StephanieGodfrey New Member

early in the morning so you can shot some nice sunset on the temples photo

wordtrvl likes this.
  6. wordtrvl

wordtrvl Guest

Be sure to get there first thing in AM. Visit the most popular temples first and work your way out to the isolated ones after. The crowds can get overwhelming otherwise and you'll miss part of the experience. This photo is of Angkor Wat Temple for sunrise but what you don't see is the line of people on either side for this photo
    angkor-wat-photo.jpg

7. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What an amazing picture, Wordtrvl! You need to share more of your pictures on the forum. This one is so lovely, especially with the blue skies and their reflection int he water with the palm trees and the temple. We're so glad to have you here at the forum. Keep sharing and keep asking questions. :)

8. brayden lyle

brayden lyle New Member

In my opinion, Angkor Wat is one of the most worthy destinations in Cambodia. You can visit Angkor Wat anytime in the morning or afternoon.

9. Ben Silkroadtrips

Ben Silkroadtrips New Member

I think it is the better time in winter to go visit there.