what to do in Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Canada' started by best4free, Nov 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. best4free

best4free New Member

Here are some suggestions for things to do in Nova Scotia with the family:

1) Rent a canoe in Kejimkujik NP and get out on the lake.
    2) Visit the fishing town of Lunenburg to check out the scallop demonstration at the Fisheries Museum and learn how to shuck scallops.
    3) Visit the village of Baddeck to learn about Alexander Graham Bell and also sail around the lake.
    4) Enjoy stunning scenery views in Cape Breton Highlands NP while doing hiking and moose spotting.
    5) Visit Glenora Distillery and enjoy free drinks;)

2. elcid

elcid New Member

The first thing I suggest you do when you get to Nova Scotia is to visit the welcome center to get free brochures and information on things to see and do only locals know. Thats what we did. Ypou should visit the breweries in Halifax and 'do' the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton for amazing views.

3. Mr.TJr

Mr.TJr New Member

You can’t say you’ve been to Nova Scotia if you dont visit the highlands to marvel the mountains and cliffs overlooking the ocean. You can whale watch too from the MacKenzie Mountain lookout. If you like hiking there are many trails all around the park to get even closer to nature.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I'd add in a visit to Peggy's Cove, if you want to see a lovely coastal scene. The lighthouse there is as picturesque as they come. It's not too far from Halifax and worth a short visit.

5. nicolaus21

nicolaus21 New Member

When I was on the Harbour Hopper tour in June 2014, our host suggested going to the Maritime Museum. That was a very good idea. I learned so much just about the Titanic and the Halifax explosion. There is a lot of information on that.