what's Turkey like? fun place?

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by romerojuan, Oct 12, 2010.

1. romerojuan

romerojuan New Member

has anyone been to Turkey lately? what's the place like and where would you say is good to stay for a vacation?

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

I've been to Istanbul Turkey for two weeks and enjoyed it thoroughly!. Not sure about the rest of Turkey but in Istanbul there were lots to see like the Aya Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkopi Palace, Great Bazaar, Dolmahabce Palace and Princes Island. We never took a day trip outside of the city like to Ephesus to see the Roman ruins.

I'd say to base in Istanbul or other major tourist spot and use it as a platform to enjoy day trips around the country.

3. andrew198081

andrew198081 New Member

I've been to Antalya and I really enjoyed it. All the hotels are big, provide many faciilities, have beaches/pools- although the weather can be slightly too hot at times, and the service in my hotel was sometimes poor. Overall, great place.

4. Alex Akdov

Alex Akdov New Member

I was recently in Antalya. A wonderful place. I recommend visiting Köprülü canyon, Pammukale. It is a pity that I was unable to visit Cappadocia.

5. pinki rawat

pinki rawat New Member

Hello,
    Turkey is truly where East meets West and it is precisely this mixture that makes travel in Turkey so interesting.
    Ephesus is a site that should interest anyone but it holds special reverence for Christians who believe that the Virgin Mary lived in the area at the end of her life.Ephesus is also known as the location of the Temple of Artemis.