what's your favorite drive in Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Cclay, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Cclay

Cclay New Member

If you are planning to drive from Banff to Jasper, or visit Banff National Park you must travel along Icefields Parkway. You'll see many stunning natural attractions and places to stop along the way. This highway is so easy to drive as it's almost a straight road and the road itself is well maintained, smooth with wide shoulders. there are also many off road parking spots where you can stop to appreciate the beauty. what's your favorite drive in Canada?

2. The80'srock!

The80'srock! New Member

this drive will be out of the way for many people going to Canada but I recommend it. The Viking Trail in Newfoundland is really amazing. This beautiful drive takes you to the wild and solitary part of the northern tip of Newfoundland. Hardly any crowds, amazing views of the coastline and ruins to be seen at L'Anse aux Meadows.

3. pelotaMadera

pelotaMadera New Member

best scenic drives in Canada

A couple scenic drives I would add are St. Lawrence Route in Quebec and Fundy Coastal Drive in New Brunswick. The St. Lawrence Route runs from Baie-Saint-Paul to La Malbaien passing along the St. Lawrence River. the Fundy Coastal Drive was also amazing, especially seeing the tide changing..

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Canada is such a beautiful country....so many pretty drives. I think that the drive from Hamilton to Niagara Falls is really pretty, especially the part when you can see Toronto across Lake Ontario before heading into wine country.

5. Arduinerd

Arduinerd New Member

I've only made one drive through Canada, so I have nothing to compare it to, but the drive up the Alaskan Highway through Yukon is absolutely breathtaking in almost every mile driven.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

If you're going to make one drive through Canada, I think you've picked the coolest one!