What's your favorite place to ski?

Discussion in 'Ski Areas' started by wanderer, Jan 26, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

We've talked a lot about ski resorts, but we haven't had a chance to dish on our favorites. What's your favorite place to ski? I'd love to hear!

2. QW.GH

QW.GH New Member

skiing at Whistler/Blackcomb

I have been skiing at Whistler/Blackcomb for years now and I have also been to Charmonix and other ski resorts in the Alps, but I gotta say that Whistler/Blackcomb is the best for snowboarding, downhill skiing, etc. I suggest taking an ATV tour or hire a snowmobile to go to the top of Blackcomb because it is a blast and the views are spectacular!

3. donaldsons

donaldsons New Member

For what I've heard I too would say that whistler is the best spot for skiing in north America, but the Alps is probably the best region for skiing in the world. I've been living in Europe for 8 years now and I ski every year in the Alps: My favorite spots are Cervinia, Alagna, La Grave, Davos, Courmeyeur, Chamonix, but there are dozen more great resorts in the region where you can do superb skiing.

4. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Very cool! You picked some really amazing places. I'm not a very good skier, so the Alps seem a little intimidating. Where are good places to ski for beginners?

5. Wanderled

Wanderled New Member

Utah has many great resorts and the perfect snow for skiing. There are about four resorts quite close to each other about half an hour away from Salt Lake City. They are Alta, Brighton, Solitude, and The Canyons. I would highly recommend going there. I've heard these places are second to the Alps!