What's your favourite Greece City?

Discussion in 'Greece' started by partofprocess22, Dec 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. partofprocess22

partofprocess22 New Member

Hello people,

We're deciding what Greek City to choose from for our holiday and I wanted to get everybody's input. I would be glad if you could share your favorite Greece City. thanks 4 your time!

2. Ruby

Ruby Guest

hi there,

My favorite Greece City is Thessaloniki as it is home to many cultural and educational events. Thessaloniki is quite hip and chic, with many lovely boutique shops and a number of wonderful restaurants and eateries offering delicious Greek food and delicacies.

3. natasa

natasa New Member

Hallo,
    it really depends on the time of the year, but an all year round guarantee is Heraklion in Crete!

4. agenda

agenda New Member

Hello,

As I have been in Athens, Chios and Nemea only. I vote for Chios. :)

5. mikeedwards

mikeedwards New Member

i would say Chania Crete
    without any doubt

6. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

of course athens, where you can see the ancient structure of Parthenon in Acropolis.

7. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Athens would be my choice. The facilities there are very top-notched, beside the city's interesting history.

8. BlackEyes

BlackEyes New Member

Athens, is a popular place over Greece, because of it's historic matters built along with it. I think Athens would be a good place to choose for your holiday.

9. greeceplan1

greeceplan1 New Member

Ionnina island is best place .

10. jamith26

jamith26 New Member

Hi, my favorite Greece city is Patras located in northern Peloponnese.The city is built at the foothills of Mount Panachaikon.........!

11. FerryGeek

FerryGeek New Member

If you want to see a slice of real Greece go to Thessaloniki.There are now many cheap flights there (for some bizzare reasons the cheap airlines might call it Halkidki - although really it is the airport of Makedonia) These are with Ryan Air and with Easy Jet. They are cheap because there is no airport tax because it is a regional airport.

However, if you want to combine a place with a city feel with a market and bars etc but is still an island I would recommend Syros!

12. breet

breet New Member

my favorite Greece city is Athens.

13. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I can't pick just one. I'd want to tour the entire country! I'd start with Athens then to Santorini and go from there.

14. Ecotripsos

Ecotripsos New Member

Hehe I like all Greek cities my favorite is Orestiada, just 20 kilometers from Turkey. It's a small city and there's no tourist attraction (exactly why I like that city). But the people are so friendly and that small city has a really active night life. So it's great to meet people and make friends.

d360 likes this.
  15. travelagencies

travelagencies New Member

I’m totally in love with Santorini. Especially, with its colors! For some reason (I even don’t know why :)), I really love places with special color combinations. Such as Santorini. Greece holidays