Wheelchair-friendly resorts

Discussion in 'Dominican Republic' started by Vasplhui67, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Vasplhui67

Vasplhui67 New Member

if you are traveling with a friend or family member who uses a wheelchair, you can book yourselves into one of the handful wheelchair-friendly hotels in Dominican Republic. Many resorts have been designed very well for people with mobility issues but not all have great access to pools so you want to check in advance. I know that the Iberostar Bavaro has a beach/water wheelchair friendly.

2. galaxyy23

galaxyy23 New Member

The Riu Palace Punta Cana is as far as I know the only hotel that guarantees accessible rooms and facilities for people on mobile devices. The hotel has no steps in their rooms and the rooms have roll-in showers. Also, the rooms are very close to the ramp which leads to the restaurants, pools, and beach. The grounds of the hotel also have several ramps throughout the complex.

3. 3april

3april New Member

The best thing to do is to contact the hotels and inquiry this. By the way, just because a hotel says is wheelchair accessible does not mean it does not mean their set up around their complex will be. This is why i suggest to ask this with the hotel clerk to get an understanding before you even book with them.