when to go to Napa?

Discussion in 'Napa Valley' started by JulioI00, Feb 23, 2011.

1. JulioI00

JulioI00 New Member

I know there are certain areas in Napa that have nice picturesque areas with vineyards, picnic tables, etc... Any suggestions on when to go? Or is Napa great all year long? I'm thinking of going up there with a friend tomorrow this year...

2. Jenna

Jenna Moderator

Napa is in sunny California so the climate isn't entirely static, though summers are great in Napa and the weather is beautiful, though tourist crowds are plentiful too, which can't somewhat spoilt the experience.

I suggest visiting Napa in early summer or late fall, as weather is still great and crowds, everything is cheaper and crowds will be fewer.

By the way, many wineries in Napa are closed on Tuesdays generally so keep these closures in mind when deciding when to go to Napa.

Also, if you're staying in San Francisco you should be aware that Napa seasons can differ greatly from those in city, despite being so close to one another!

3. packngo3

packngo3 New Member

Hi there. I would say that anyone who is wondering when to go to Napa might choose any time of year. There really isn't a bad time to go. Early fall is harvest season, however, so many tourists choose to visit during this period, and spring brings blooming flowers. Summer days can be hot and there are increased crowds in the region, while the vines go dormant in the winter. The rates for things such as lodging and dining are lowest in the winter. These are things to consider.