Where are the best places to camp along the Blue Ridge Parkway

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by Vicolette, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

One of the most scenic drives in the US any time of the year. I'm partial to the fall but spring is lovely. I've camped at primitive locations along the parkway sleeping in a tent. Unbelievable how quiet it can be. Anyway, where are your favorite places to camp whether it's tent camping, RV camping or you prefer the comforts of a cabin?

2. Kharmabeatz

Kharmabeatz New Member

camping along the Blue Ridge Parkway

most campgrounds along the Parkway have campsites, though camping is allowed only at designated sites. Also the Parkway campgrounds are open only from May thru October and charge $16 per night. Another thing to know about Blue Ridge campgrounds is that camping is limited to a total of 21 days between June 1 and Labor Day.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I don't remember the name of the campground where we stayed but it was nice. We were travelling by motorcycle, so it was great to stay where there were hot showers and facilities. We pitched our tent beside a river, cooked breakfast over a fire, packed up and headed on. The two primitive places we pitched a tent were just that. No official campground. The quiet is almost overwhelming but so nice! I've travelled the Blue Ridge many times. If I could live on the BR, I would.