Where is Old Faithful

Discussion in 'Wyoming' started by mitraveler, Nov 14, 2011.

1. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Here's more about Old Faithful. It's located at Yellowstone National Park in the northwestern corner of Wyoming. The park also stretches into Montana and Idaho for a bit. Old Faithful is one of the Yellowstone geysers . It's tucked into the southwest park of the park, about 30 miles from the town of West Yellowstone, Montana.

2. partyDown

partyDown New Member

Old Faithful's a famous US landmark

the Old Faithful is one of USA's top natural attraction and like the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, and the Statue of Liberty, Old Faithful is something that you have to see once in a lifetime. If you do, I suggest spending a little time there and watching it from the boardwalks among the geysers or up the hill to see it from a distance.

3. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Old Faithful is definitely a must see when visiting Yellowstone. It is part of the Upper Geyser Basin and the most well-known of the park's geysers with it's eruption spraying water as much as 185' in the air. There are many more active geysers to be seen located in both the upper and lower basins. Visitors can also check out the Grand Prismatic hot spring with its near boiling temperature.

4. rosstrainin'

rosstrainin' New Member

must see old faithful

old faithful isn't what it used to be back then, but we were lucky to see it perform twice during our stay in Yellowstone. If you happen to explore the area I would more than recommend seeing this attractions since what other state boasts such a fantastic natural wonder?

Mind you, it's always crowded at the old faithful and I don't think the adjoining bleachers offer the best view...best you watch it from afar...

5. flightofthefooter

flightofthefooter New Member

Make sure you don't just go for Old Faithful and you check out the rest of the park. Upper and Lower falls are the best!

6. krainey

krainey New Member

Agree with flightofthefooter for sure -- Yellowstone is amazing, as are the Grand Tetons (and pretty much everywhere else in western Wyoming, for that matter), and there's so much to see in the park besides just the geyser. The falls are terrific, and I also like Yellowstone Canyon and the area around Firehole Canyon as well.

7. neutered"£

neutered"£ New Member

Yellowstone hiking trails

Old Faithful is great and os it's hiking the sections of the falls...the upper falls trail is super easy to hike, beautiful and you will be rewarded with stunning views. Then, there is the Brink of the lower falls trail, which isn't particularly hard either, though it's a little steep.

Two other favorite hiking trails of mine are red rock trail and uncle tom's trail which is a series of steps that go down into the canyon.

8. Alice112

Alice112 New Member

Old Faithful is definitely a must see when visiting Yellowstone

9. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

Yellowstone National Park is huge, so make sure to keep that in mind if you want to see Old Faithful. It's easy to be in Yellowstone and yet still far away. The West Entrance (located in the town of West Yellowstone) is the closest access to Old Faithful. Along the way, there's plenty of wildlife to see and many more geysers. This is such a cool place!