Where is the best place to visit in the world?

Discussion in 'UK' started by dawson9b7b, May 1, 2007.

1. dawson9b7b

dawson9b7b New Member

I am looking for a list of the best places to visit in the world for adventure. Any ideas?

Retired? or Aged over 40? Looking for the perfect traveling companions?

2. ryder

ryder New Member

I'm not over 40, nor am I looking for the perfect travel companion, but here are a few things I'd like to try out before kicking the bucket. It's doubtful I'll get many of them, but it's good to dream:

1. Nepal/Tibet
    2. Running of the Bulls
    3. Amazon in Brazil
    4. See the Great Barrier Reef before it's gone
    5. Drink a beer in the middle of the night with my sunglasses on and a bottle of sunscreen in Norway, Sweden, or Finland.
    6. Travel through all 50 states in one go
    7. Thermal pool in Iceland (with a beer in the middle of the night in broad daylight)
    8. Drive in India (okay...maybe not so much, but it'd definitely be an adventure)

Everyone else feel free to throw in some more!

3. GFluz

GFluz New Member

Everything should inculde beer

4. cod30

cod30 New Member

Why not have a look at some of the webcams on the net, these little devices give you a flavour of the country before you even go. Personally l'm off to madrid this month and l've been looking at webcams from all over the city.

5. fjm9

fjm9 New Member

good question. I am going to be different, and suggest killarney in the southern part of ireland. Guaranteed to rain, but this encourages the wonderful atmosphere. check out the images on google. get a ferry across with some affliate like directferries, aferry.to, or go direct with op, and relax! it is a lovely experience and not many people think to do this anymore. hope this is of help.
    fm

6. Sven

Sven New Member

I would say Lofoten in the north of norway. The steep mountains and the sea. It really doesn't get more beautiful than that.

7. danial.abrahim

danial.abrahim New Member

I must say you visit Greece! Why Greece? Because they are:

Best people
    Best food
    Best historical sights
    Best drink
    Best beaches
    Best access
    Best choice of islands

Let me know what you think?

8. colfax

colfax New Member

Stopped in Spain once and did'nt realize that the running of the bulls was at hand,wish I had gone! We had stopped over on our way back from the first gulf war and I really enjoyed it. Great People:)

9. Bikky

Bikky New Member

my back garden, bring a fork and spade and do some digging while your there please.

Other than that it depends what you like.
    I happen to like it cold, so plenty of snow for skiing
    plenty of hills for mountainbiking
    and plenty of deep water for scubadiving.

10. d360

d360 Administrator

I like backyards too! simple, hopefully plenty of critters and no flight hassles. Although the family and I are going to the Yucatan Penisula over the holidays and plan to get a bit time in on the beaches around Tulum and visit the ruins at Chichen Itza.

A couple places I'm really looking forward to seeing are the ruins of Uxmal and the city of Merida.
    I'm looking for what to do on New Years in Merida or Uxmal if anyone has ideas?

Happy Holidays!
    D360

11. I would really like to visit Thailand

12. MICKEYGIRL

MICKEYGIRL New Member

I wish I could travel like that! I have been to a few places overseas and loved it. Orlando Florida is cool if you just want to relax and enjoy your time, although the scenery probably isn't as nice as alot of places overseas. I want to go to ITALY, backpack through Europe, go to Egypt and climb the pyramids, go to every place that has a team in the World Cup, definitely BRAZIL to see where my man Ronaldo is from.... hmm... I just love traveling... so.... I'd go anywhere, so long as one day I'm able to afford it :)

13. nab82ba

nab82ba New Member

I like to visit places off the beaten track, the incan trail to Macchu Piccu in Peru or the ruins of Tibet in guetamala woul be my top choices.

14. Tre4

Tre4 New Member

Indonesia has to be high up in my favourite places. I travelled from Bali to Longbok and then up from there to the Gilli islands, the most peaceful and beautiful haven with breathtaking snorkelling

15. Simon Garner

Simon Garner New Member

This may be helpful to you.... I feel these are the good places in UK which everyone really has to visit...

England
    - Cornwall
    Devon
    Durham
    Herefordshire
    Isle of Wight
    Kent
    Lake District
    London
    New Forest
    Norfolk
    North York Moors
    Northern England
    Northumberland
    Peak District
    Shropshire
    Somerset
    South Coast of England
    South West England
    Suffolk
    Sussex
    Yorkshire Dales

Northern Ireland
    -Co. Fermanagh

Scotland
    -Aberdeenshire
    Cairngorms
    East Lothian
    Edinburgh
    Inner Hebrides
    Isle of Mull
    Loch Lomond
    Loch Ness
    Orkney
    Perthshire
    Scottish Borders
    Scottish Highlands
    Western Isles

Wales
    -Brecon Beacons
    Pembrokeshire
    Powys
    Snowdonia
    West coast of Wales

16. butterflydog

butterflydog New Member

try Morroco and from there to Spain (Costa del Sol, Sevilla, Barcelona)

Great trip for about 3 week to discover mountains (rif in morroco), the sea and great cities

17. travelchic

travelchic New Member

I've always wanted to visit Monaco. For the Grand Prix too! :(

18. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I think that would be New Zealand. It is a magical, beautiful place with such an amazing array of sights and sounds and flavors! The people are lovely and friendly and have a wonderful sense of humor. One visit was not nearly enough - I can't wait to go again!

19. michaeljohn

michaeljohn New Member

Rajasthan Tours

Rajasthan is the best palaces for tour in india country.

20. redgeek

redgeek New Member

I like France, Paris. Actually Eifflow tower and museums. But prices are a little bit to high. Visit it, you won't be sorry ;)