Where to stay in Chicago

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by marina, Jul 17, 2007.

1. marina

marina New Member

Hi all,
    Traveling to Chicago next month to see Blue Man Group and do some shopping, sightseeing. Any recommendations on where to stay? Are we better off staying close to theater or should we stay more downtown near shopping/sights and taxi to the theater. Any insight would be helpful. Also any specific hotel suggestions in either area would be great. Thanks!

2. Hoboscouts

Hoboscouts New Member

If you want to save money on where you stay you can go to the inn at licon park for $85 a night, or if you want a nice one you could stay at the Swissotel Chicago. To answer your other question i think you should stay closer to where the shopping is because you might want to go shopping more than once, and if your only going to the theater once you would want to stay where your more active. Have fun

3. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I saw the Blue Man Group last fall, and it's awesome! Because Chicago has such great transportation, you don't really need to stay all that close to the theater. And the parking is pretty terrible there, so you might want to take some transportation anyway. So, you can choose the best areas to stay in Chicago. A bunch of hotels are concentrated around Michigan Avenue and the Chicago River a few miles from the theater. I'd think you'd be fine finding a great deal and then not worrying staying all that close to the theater.