where to stay in Kenya

Discussion in 'Kenya' started by Geronimo-Giancila, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Geronimo-Giancila

Geronimo-Giancila New Member

Here it's some advise and suggestions for those of you looking to travel to Kenya. Before you book your flight to Kenya make sure you do your research, plan your budget and when/where to go. I had a wonderful trip to Kenya in mid July and stayed at the Maasai Mara national reserve, which is where you will see all the animals.

2. sugarshane

sugarshane New Member

Maasai Mara or Serengetti

There are many lodgings to choose from at the Maasai Mara so you're spoiled for choice. When it comes down to viewing the big 5, it comes down to either the Maasai Mara or Serengetti. Saying this, I would recommend the Maasai Mara if traveling during late December because of the migration of the wildebeest.

3. PacificNorth

PacificNorth New Member

getting from Maasai Mara to Serengetti

Just wanted to point out that the Masai Mara is part of the Serengeti. What it is that they both separated by a country border (the Serengeti is in Tanzania and the Masai Mara is in Kenya). To get from Maasai Mara to the Serengeti you have to travel from Nairobi to Arusha.

4. kevinferguson

kevinferguson New Member

best to fly from Masai Mara to Serengeti

Looking at a map it seems easy to cross the border from Masai Mara to Serengeti but it isn't as simple as it seems. There's hold ups at the border post (Isebania) between Masai Mara and Serengeti and the trip from there to any camp on either side is a 7-hour bumpy ride, give or take. I would consider flying if I were you since flights are not that expensive..

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Along with the Maasai Mara National Reserve and the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania, I'd like to go on a photo safari in Kruger National Park in South Africa for pics of the big five.

6. melliset

melliset New Member

You should opt for Nairobi. You will like it.