where to stay in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Japan' started by tatianaali, Nov 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tatianaali

tatianaali New Member

While most people advise to stay in central Tokyo within the Yamanote loop line, my favorite place to stay in Tokyo is in the Shimbashi/Shiodome area, as it's close to the JR Shimbashi station. There you also have the choice of variety of hotels and ins such as the 5-star Conrad, 3-star Villa Fontaine hotel and Tokyu Inn. if you're on a very tight budget, it's best you stay somewhere in the North East of Central Tokyo, Ueno, Asakusa, Iriya or Minami Senju.

2. VacationBuddy

VacationBuddy Administrator

cheap way to stay in Tokyo

Tokyo is really expensive. I couchsurfed there before, but finding a couch in Tokyo isn't easy. The cheapest way to stay in Tokyo is staying at a local's home via a "Home Stay" company. A bit like in Cuba with "Casas Particulares", though this option really for students or backpackers. I don't see many tourists going this route but hey, it's another option.

3. RobertKelly

RobertKelly New Member

Shinjuku or Shibuya would be your best options because of great transport options to/from the airport, though Shibuya doesn't really have as many hotel choices. There's also the old-side of Tokyo you could use as a base like Asakusa, which is far less touristy.

4. Benston

Benston New Member

Are there any hostels in Tokio?

5. danebowers

danebowers New Member

Yes, there are. I stayed at the Tokyo Khaosan Ninja Hostel and so I recommend this place. Hostels are very cheap in Tokyo but draw younger people mostly.

6. ilovejapan

ilovejapan New Member

I recommend "Sakura Hotel".
    If you needs, ask the locals about Japan in your native language.
    Try to search for "Tazuu"

7. StephanieGodfrey

StephanieGodfrey New Member

price in tokyo is high,really high, right? i ve never been there :(

8. simkelyte

simkelyte New Member

How can you say that price is high, when you never been there?

9. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Most big cities are pretty expensive, and Tokyo is famous for being expensive even as big cities go. But that also means that you have a lot of choices in where to stay: Dome Hotels, Capsule Hotels, Cheap Hotels, Luxury Hotels, and Hostels. Lots of choices mean lots of different prices.

10. salvio

salvio New Member

Yokohama is a best place where you can stay.

11. Plaffert

Plaffert New Member

I was planning to stay in Shibuya this coming February, a friend suggested me that it's one of the best places to stay while exploring the city.