Where to stay in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wanderer, Sep 10, 2011.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What's you're favorite place to stay? I'd love to stay somewhere in walking distance of Stanley Park and the water. Will I have to pay a fortune for that?

2. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

A ton of hotels are located near Stanley Park, so you should be able to find something that suits your style and budget. Here's a D360 article with some ideas for downtown hotels.

3. racezJona

racezJona New Member

staying nearby Stanley Park in Vancouver

the Rosellen Suites At Stanley Park, Times Square Suites Hotel and Blue Horizon Hotel areen't far from Stanley Park. I believe the closest hotel to Stanley Park is the Rosellen Suites, which is just minutes by foot from Stanley Park, the beach, and a five minute bus ride from downtown Vancouver. Price-wise for a hotel in the area is between $112 and $336 per night.

4. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

It's not Vancouver but I'd really love to stay at the Hotel de Glace in Quebec City. What an adventure that must be. It is so beautiful and I can'e even imagine what it must be like.

5. turnover45

turnover45 New Member

stay in downtown Vancouver

I like the grand hyatt, the westin bay shore, the sheraton and the grand westin. all are in downtown... though I think the westin bay shore is the farthest walk from Robson Street shopping area. The other place I would suggest is the Sunset Inn. It's a block off of Davie street and a short drive down to Granville island.

6. PamelaWalker

PamelaWalker New Member

Locality where the accommodation is situated matter a lot to me. I just love the idea of rent accommodation near the beach spots. View from the room looks very pleasing at that kind of place. I love walking around the beach bare footed in fresh and cool environment.

7. guesswhat?

guesswhat? New Member

Where to stay in Vancouver with kids

if you're traveling with kids, I would stay i either the Sutton Place Hotel, Four Seasons Vancouver, Le Soleil Hotel and Suites, or the Fairmont Waterfront. All of these hotels are kid friendly and normally offer special rates and meals for kids, as well as fun activities for the whole family.

8. strip

strip New Member

There are lots of options for choosing hotels such as Times Square Suites, Rosellen Suites etc...

9. krisfarring

krisfarring New Member

If you are budget minded, or have pets, you could stay at Accent Inns in Richmond and then just hop on the Vancouver Line sky train and get downtown in 15 minutes and save a $150 a day.

10. RestaurantsCan

RestaurantsCan New Member

I suggest you stay at the Westend, Robson Street or Davie Street. You can find great spots for shopping and dining. Close to the beach. A few minutes drive to Stanley Park. I live in this neighborhood and really enjoy walking to places.

Robson Street is a bit closer to the downtown core - the art gallery, the Granville entertainment district and shopping. Walking a few blocks north and you'll reach waterfront, and taking a nice walk on the sea wall.

(You might consider getting a day buspass. You can hop on the bus and head to Gastown and Chinatown. They are all pretty close.)

11. amyjackson

amyjackson New Member

If you're trying to save a little money on hotel bookings, then there are some hotels that costs from $90-$150 that are located 1.5-3km away from Stanley Park. You'd be spending almost 2x more for places that are located closer to the park.

12. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

What wonderful suggestions! It seems like you do have a lot of choices. Thanks to everyone who weighed in gave the suggestions. Now, I need to decide when to go. What would you say? Is it still pretty nice there in the winter? I have some time off in January.