Where's the best place for watching fireworks in Boston?

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by Vicolette, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I have to watch on TV but for those who will be in the middle of the fireworks action on July 4th in Boston where are the best spots for a good view? I've heard The Esplanade, Top of the Hub, The Oval and Larz Anderson Park are good choices. Yes or no? Please share and pass along any secret places for those visiting the city.

2. Maliagginii

Maliagginii New Member

If I were you I'd hire a canoe and set sail on the river...there's no better spot than watching the fireworks from the river, though if you have kids, I'd be concerned for safety due to crazy speedboats, etc; If you do want to be on raft, make sure you hire a raft well in advance to avoid disappointment.

3. SincereXX

SincereXX New Member

I second the river idea. I would suggest Massachusetts Avenue Bridge or my favorite...go on the roof of the Boston Museum of Science, though you have to be life members of the Museum because it's not just opened to the public.

4. 3april

3april New Member

The Harvard Bridge on Mass. Ave is an excellent idea...but if you fancy doing it while eating I'd suggest one of the hotels in Boston like the OCEANIA restaurant in the Marriot or the Marriot Hotel in Kendal SQ.