Which is the best city in Egypt to be visited First

Discussion in 'Egypt' started by egyptexcursions, Aug 29, 2012.

1. egyptexcursions

egyptexcursions New Member

Hi,
    I have heard lots of things about Egypt and its historical places like Cairo, Luxor, Alexandria etc. I want to know which city is to be visited first if i want to visit the Egypt for a short trip???

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

I'm inclined to say Cairo because there's so much to see there. Here, you get to see the Nile, the Egypt Museum, and of course, the pyramids of Giza, and plenty more. Plus, it's easy to get to, and there are plenty of hotels and other visitor amenities in Cairo.

3. bonitaFlorida2

bonitaFlorida2 New Member

short trip? how short? you need at least 2 weeks in Egypt if you want to get the best experiences and see the top attractions besides spending time in and around Cairo seeing the pyramids. Most people do prefer to stay on Egypt's beach areas like Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheik and Marsa Alam, but i dont consider these places the real McCoy!

4. pund4pund

pund4pund New Member

first time in Egypt

Cairo, Luxor or Aswan are good bets for first time travel to Egypt. Can I ask how long and what you plan to do in Egypt? You'll need at least 14 days there to truly enjoy it. Whatever you do, I would skip visiting Hurghada (unless you want to snorkel or scuba dive) because it's just a beach resort with not much going on. Instead, it's best you add a visit to Abu Simbel..it's 10 times more worth it than the Hurghada.

5. nokidsallowed

nokidsallowed New Member

visiting Egypt

don't mean to spoil your trip but don't get too hyped about Egypt...the country isn't the same as it was a few years back and the pyramids (while glorious) are such a tourist trap. Still, make sure you bypass organized tours because they're a rip-off and you won't see anything of the real country.