Whistler Ski Resort Opening

Discussion in 'Canada' started by d360, Nov 12, 2013.

1. d360

d360 Administrator

Whistler Mountain will open 13 days early on Saturday, November 16. With five lifts running, guests will have the option to upload from either the Whistler Village Gondola or the Creekside Gondola. Blackcomb Mountain will open as scheduled on Thursday, November 28, 2013. There’s some good deals on Whistler Hotels as not many people are prepared for an early trip.

2. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Does this mean that Whistler has had a lot of snow already? I know there have been some big storms moving across North America. I just missed out on a fall snowstorm by 25 miles today! Of course, if you're into skiing, knowing when to visit Whistler involves tracking the snow.

3. jimmiefloid

jimmiefloid New Member

Yep, winter has officially arrived and the folk at Whistler resort couldn't be any happier. Having said this, for what I am hearing there is no enough snow cover on the off piste...I am wonder whether is best to wait for deeper snow cover.

4. ebachpakl

ebachpakl New Member

Going to Whistler Blackcomb has always been on my bucket list and im glad I was able to do it last week. I had a blast of a trip with my buddies to Whislter-Blackcomb. The skiing was fantastic and Peak-to-Creak trail was top notch! anyone who thinks Whistler is for experienced skiers should know it's not...Im an intermediate skier and had tons of fun.