Wisconsin vacations

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by Vicolette, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

I was doing some research today looking for things to do in Adams County. I found Petenwell County and Castle Rock Parks to be good choices for water activities, miles of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding and some nice campgrounds. Sounds like a good vacation destination for outdoor enthusiasts. I know the water parks in Wisconsin Dells are nearby. Are there other major points of interest to check out?

2. Hitchcock

Hitchcock New Member

i have been to wisconsin dells with my family and it's an awesome place to go during the summer. wisconsin is one of my favorite states in the midwest (i'm from minn though). one major point of interest in the state is a huge letter "m" (in Platteville), and a huge badger (by the at the badger country gas station), which is said to be the world's largest badger statue (lol..only in america)

3. CarlGhio

CarlGhio New Member

top attractions in the state of Wisconsin

Noah's ark is my favorite water park. I also recommend checking out Lambeu field, Cave of the mounds, Harley Davidson museum, Wisconsin state capitol, Overture center for the arts and Discovery world. all these are probably the top attractions in the state of Wisconsin.

4. nitemareon

nitemareon New Member

I suggest visiting the following places in Wisconsin: 1) Door County (home to the fish boils), 2) Grand Haven for the sandy beaches and cool galleries, 3) Minocqua for a lumberjack Show, Sandusky for the gigantic Cedar Point amusement park.

5. Vicolette

Vicolette Super Moderator

Here's a short clip about the world's largest badger - and his squirrel buddy - and how things have evolved since it was constructed back in 1982. The badger and squirrel were taken by a fella who had visited as a kid about 30 years ago. Interesting how some things never change. Enjoy!