World longest nonstop flight

Discussion in 'Flights' started by wanderer, Jun 4, 2013.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

How many movies will they watch on this flight? Turkish Airlines is planning to operate the first nonstop flight from Europe to Australia. The route is going to connect Istanbul to Sydney and is set to take off later this year. The current longest nonstop flight connects the Dallas-Fort Worth airport with Sydney.

Have you ever taken a flight that exceeds 18 hours? What's it like?

2. kookoo

kookoo New Member

yep, I heard the flight will actually take something like 20 hours. Personally, I don't know what to think of it because 20 hours in the air is way too long, which makes me think about the health implications because you won't get a chance to really stretch the legs.

3. RedStripe

RedStripe New Member

It's interesting...the day before Qantas-Emirates announced their non-stop flight service between Australia and Dubai, Turkish Airlines announces their non-stop flight from Sydney to Istanbul. that's what I call competition.

4. Hkopo09

Hkopo09 New Member

Correct if Im wrong but Turkish Airlines doesn’t have any Boeing 777's in their fleet or large Airbus to fly the route non-stop both ways with a commercial payload. Anyways, who really wants to spend that length of time in a plane? would you?

5. mitraveler

mitraveler New Member

I can't imagine spending so much time in a plane. I'd love to see Australia, but I can't imagine actually getting there. I think this is one time when a connection is good.

6. peterlee

peterlee New Member

Yes, Sometime we need non stop flights to travel faster. But personally I can not spend too much time in flights. Well, happy to hear this news. :)