Worlds tallest hotel

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by wanderer, Sep 14, 2012.

1. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Just down the street from the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, you'll find the tallest hotel in the world: The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. This is Marriott's top luxury brand, so you can expect to find elegance around every turn of the 1,165-foot hotel tower. Along with rooms overlooking the skyline, the Marquis Dubai has swimming pools, a spa, nine restaurants and plenty more to enjoy.

2. 1sttime

1sttime New Member

it's fascinating how hotels keep getting taller by the minute (quite literary)...the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong was last year the tallest hotel in the world only to be overtaken by the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai this year. I think this one is as tall as New York’s Empire State Building (wow!)

3. somanyskp

somanyskp New Member

i went to HK last year for the purpose of staying at the Ritz Carlton HK...I was surprised of the prices...I paid something like $550 USD which i thought wasn't bad. Anyone has any ideas how much it's to stay a night at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai>?

4. Bantonman

Bantonman New Member

boy, do i smell competition between china and emirates? hotels are getting ridiculously tall for my liking...call me paranoid but if a fire as to start or earthquake. By the way, isnt strange the hotel was built as twin towers? and they also resemble the old twin towers too..

5. sophiewilson

sophiewilson New Member

Abraj Al Bait Hotel Tower in Mecca, Saudi Arabia is the current tallest hotel in the world.

6. wanderer

wanderer Moderator

Interesting...the Abraj AL Bait is part of complex with many world records. The complex that includes the hotel is home to the world's tallest clock tower, along with the world's biggest clock face.

PS, I checked the room rate and a standard room for one in January is going for 1,200.00 (AED), which is about $325 a night. That's not bad for a luxury hotel.

7. curlysue

curlysue New Member

Are we talking about the hotel or the building? If hotel, the tallest is JW Marriott and we are speaking of buidling, it's the Burj Khalifa.