worth visiting Christ The Redeemer?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by canyine2, Mar 16, 2011.

1. canyine2

canyine2 New Member

we'll be in Rio de Janeiro this June and I am still wondering whether we should visit Christ The Redeemer attraction? how far is it from Rio and what's the best way to get there?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Christ The Redeemer is an excellent place to visit, so be sure not to miss it. You can get there by taxi or train, though the train ride is more enjoyable and quicker.

If you decide to go with the train to Christ The Redeemer, you may find it hard finding this place as it does not have a big sign advertising Christ The Redeemer. If you have problems finding it so ask around since the locals are happy to point you in the right direction.

By the way, when you get to the top you can admire all of Rio de Janeiro's views fro Christ The Redeemer, though be aware that this attraction gets busy so you may struggle getting good pictures!:)

3. anuraglidl

anuraglidl New Member

Heard great things about that place from one of my friend. It is worth visiting. I think you must go there if have a chance.

4. speedoflight

speedoflight New Member

I've been there and have to say is definitely worth a visit. I don't know how to get there by train because my friends and I decided to go by taxi although we negotiated upfront a fair price with the driver...