youth hostels in the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Polizeu, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Polizeu

Polizeu New Member

are youth hostels in the Czech Republic similar to ones found in western Europe countries like France? is it only the major cities like Brno where we can find hostels? if not, does the town of Cesky Krumlov have any?

2. Danny

Danny Moderator

Yes, youth hostels in the Czech Republic are pretty similar to ones in France and Italy, and the good news is that the Czech Rep have them by their bucket loads!

The town of Cesky Krumlov has numerous youth hostels like Hotel Skippy, which is located only a five-minute walk to the city center; or Hostel 99, which is located inside the old city gates and is also in a historic building.

3. Danny

Danny Moderator

To be honest, car rental in Chile is the better option. I mean, buses in Chile are popular and inexpensive, and Chile buses do serve the entire country, though rides are normally long and uncomfortable.

Trains are supposed to be quicker and more comfortable than buses, but a train in Chile can often take longer than a bus and be as uncomfortable as a bus also, so between buses and trains there isn't much of a winner in my opinion. .

If you do plan to explore the country, I'd suggest to book domestic flights or use car rental if you plan to stay in the city.