Changing your Facebook cover photo is quite simple. The large panorama at the top of your new Facebook Timeline profile is the cover, and you can put any picture you like up there; it will be the first thing anyone sees when they come to your profile page.
Learning how to use Timeline is easy, and as personalizing your page starts with the cover picture, picking and downloading a copyright free photo is a good place to start. Once you've done that, you can
1. Click on the picture you want to change.
2. Select "Change cover box"
"Change Cover" Box
3. Choose from four options: Choose from my photos, Upload a photo, Reposition cover, or Remove cover
4. Pick the way you'd like to add your photo and then choose the photo itself
Cover Picture Update
5. If you don't like how the photo appears, you can drag it to reposition it
6. Save the changes.