Atlantic City is readily accessible by air through two International Airports or by car and bus along three major highways. Before you book your vacation consider cheap car rentals in Atlantic City as an alternative to bus or taxi travel, which can often be expensive and inconvenient. During the high season of May - September car rental prices will understandably be higher than in the low season of October through April. The best approach is to call around and compare rates through the major car rental Atlantic City companies.
Just three Atlantic City airport rental car companies are represented at the Atlantic City International Airport: Avis, Budget, and Hertz. Though most major car companies, including Alamo, Enterprise, National and Thrifty also service Atlantic City, to find a truly budget car rental you may find it easier to simply book your stay during off-peak times. The following are a few handy tips to make finding cheap car rentals in Atlantic City easier:
- Check with your credit cards for special deals and incentives related to car rental
- Make sure you factor in the price of insurance, gas, and extra drivers before you make your reservation. Often budget car rentals can be very costly after all the extras.
- Check for a free upgrade at the counter and check online for special offers.
- Look for cheap car rentals in Atlantic City as far in advance as possible, paying attention to high season and off-peak times
- Make sure you understand the contract when you sign, and whether or not you are required to return the car with a full tank of gas.
- If you’re a frequent car renter in Atlantic City don’t be afraid to ask for discounts or special services.
- Be sure that you’re insurance covers you and any secondary drivers before you drive off the lot.
If car rental isn’t on your Atlantic City agenda, New Jersey offers an excellent transit service that arrives and departs through the rail terminal immediately adjacent to the Atlantic City Convention Center. The city also offers public transport via transit bus with pick-up locations through-out the city. You can also sign up with one of the cities many private tour operators, and enjoy Atlantic City from the passenger seat.