The Dunhill Hotel, Charlotte

The Dunhill Hotel

237 North Tryon Street

- Designed by architect Louis Asbury- Sr.- The Dunhill opened in 1929 as the fashionable Mayfair Manor apartment hotel. Half of the original 100 rooms were rented by permanent tenants- including prominent doctors the hotel thrived even during the Great Depression. Fully restored in 1987 and most recently in 2004- the ten story Dunhill Hotel is a landmark in the citys arts and cultural district- its refined architecture with neo-classical embellishments adding a distinctive shape to the Charlotte skyline. The lobby and guest rooms feature elegant 18-century European furnishings- hand-sewn draperies and four-poster beds. The penthouse retains its original marble floor and double balconies offering beautiful views of the city. The penthouse was fully renovated in July 2003.