Job Description: Ruby on Rails Lead Developer
Destination360 is looking for a talented rails developer to join a growing company developing a travel content network using professional content, user-generated content, meta search driven by organic search, and the travel community. We have a solid balance sheet, a proven vision, challenging work, and a lot of upside. You will be a key member of our team, and we will trust you to accomplish Destination360’s goals by writing elegant, stable code. We prefer people who are intellectually curious, like to solve problems, and who are passionate about their work.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
- Real-world experience developing, deploying, and maintaining Web-based applications.
- A strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design.
- A strong understanding of database design.
- Someone who knows rSpec/Shoulda and tests the code they create.
- A team player with strong communication skills.
BIG bonus points for:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience programming with geographic data sets and Google Maps.
- Mongrel, Apache, Memcache, Git, and/or Capistrano experience.
- UNIX systems administration experience.
- MySQL administration experience.
- An eye for design and the skills to execute it.
Why work with Destination360? Destination360 offers a competitive salary, equity, a workplace that encourages you to have a life of your own, and people who appreciate what you can do. We’re not a sweatshop, and there’s very little ego here. We value people who contribute thoughtfully and well to our efforts and who share our commitment to excellence and dedication to our customers. You will of course also get medical insurance, paid holidays, parking, and a cool-looking office.
Don’t just send a resume! Please send a cover letter that tells us a bit about you, what you’re especially good at or what you like to work on, why you’re interested in the position, and what you think you bring to the table. This note is a really important requirement, and it would be great to see a code sample, too.
Destination360 is an industry-leading travel content Web publisher with 1.5 million unique visitors each month. Our destination guides span locations from across the globe, and we continue to expand. Created by writers who scour the world for compelling and informative content, the articles focus on the best of each destination. Supplementing the content are virtual tours, still images, videos, and maps of the featured destination.
Send resume to: dtaylor (a t) destination360 com