- Radisson Royal Quito Hotel
- Hilton Colon Quito
- Holiday Inn Express Quito
- Dann Carlton Hotel Quito
- J.W. Marriott Hotel Quito
- All Ecuador Hotels
Finding the right Ecuador Rental Car when you're traveling can be quite a challenge but there are many companies that can provide pricing online and allow booking over the internet. Experiences with rental cars in vary from city to city, but getting a grasp on the basic steps will help make it easier getting car rentals while you're out visiting the various regions in Ecuador.
Europe and the US are places where the process of getting rental cars is a smooth and overall uniform experience. However, in other countries an auto rental experience can be challenging and chaotic. No matter where you are visiting from, the following tips will prove useful if you're planning to hire one of the rental cars in Ecuador.
1. Aside from knowing how long your trip is going to be, you might want to at least have a rough plan for where you take the car rental. Calculate the driving and sightseeing time so that you have the car for as long as you would actually need it. Once you've determined this, you are ready to start planning where and how you are going to find the best rental cars in Ecuador.
2. Obtain or make sure your current drivers license will be valid during the period you will be driving any car rentals. You may want to obtain an international drivers license as well if you plan on booking car rentals, it is valid in all the member countries of the United Nations. If you unsure whether or not the country you are visiting is a United Nations be sure you do a little research before your trip.
3.Contact a travel agent at least a month prior to the date you need the car rental. You need to tell them where you are planning to take the rent car, along with the dates you would like to have the auto rental. It's also easy and simple to look on the Internet, where you can easily compare rates or book reservations.
4. Mainly you get to select the vehicle class, size and dates for your automobile rental. Also, this is where you determine what locations you are planning to drop off the auto rental. If this location is different than where you are picking it up, there is going to be a fee, depending on the country.
5. Pay for your deposit if it is required.
6. Brush up on traffic signs and driving laws for the country you plan on visiting.
The ease with which you can rent a car in a country can vary based on regulations, rates availability and driving conditions. You generally do not have the flexibility to travel in between countries in rental cars, especially in South America. Generally, however, if you have a valid license, a passport, a major credit card, and you are over 25, you are able to book rental cars in Ecuador. Another factor to consider is the driving hazards. In undeveloped and third world countries traffic laws are not followed or enforced regularly. Drivers are very aggressive. To some degree you will have to adjust your driving style, but not to such an extent that you end up in a traffic accident. That will be a major headache to deal with in a car rental from another country.
These are the main steps to keep in mind. These other smaller aspects of an automobile rental; but are also important factors to consider.
Insurance for rental cars:
If you pay for the car rental with a credit card, it may also cover insurance, but it will only be valid for 30 days. If you have auto insurance of your own, it will not be valid for the car you are renting.
Returning rental cars in Ecuador:
You car is going to be inspected carefully when you return it, so make sure you look over your car rentals yourself before you leave and report any signs of damage to the company.
Some of the larger brand name rental car companies are listed below but most often cheap car rentals can be found by using the smaller companies.
The short answer is no. There aren't really any cheap cruises of the Galapagos Islands. Just...
Having been to the Galapagos for two weeks, I can tell you it was amazing experience. Before doin...
if you plan to visit the Galapagos islands you should know that Lindblad Expeditions has acquired...