Lost Stolen Passport

If your passport is lost or stolen, you will need to apply for a new passport. In addition to applying for a new passport, you will also need to fill out a form explaining the details of your lost passport and why you cannot produce your old passport. The lost passport form will ask questions about what happened to your lost passport, as well as general identification information. You will still need to go through the process of applying for a new passport if you plan to travel outside the country.

If your passport is lost or stolen, you will first need to report your passport as lost or stolen to the government. You can do this by picking up and filling out form DS-64 from a post office or other government office for lost passports and stolen passports. To go about getting your lost passport replacement, you will next need to fill out form DS-11, also available at a post office or other government building.

For lost passport replacement, you cannot apply through the mail. Lost passport replacement must be done in person at a passport agency or passport acceptance agency, of which there are more than 7,000 across the country. You will also need to supply some information about the lost passports or stolen passport. You will need to write your name as it appeared on your lost or stolen passport, write the approximate date of issue of your stolen or lost passports, include your old passport number (if known), and indicate whether or not your old passport was expired.

In order to replace lost passports, you will also need to bring along all of the same information you needed when you applied for your passport the first time. You will need to show proof of citizenship within the United States. You can use your birth certificate, old passport, or citizenship papers if you were not born in the US. If you don't have a birth certificate or citizenship papers, in order to meet US passport requirements you will need to bring a Letter of No Record to the US passport office, which can only be issued by the State.

Once you replace lost passports, you will have a small note on your new passport which will indicate that your passport is a replacement for a lost or stolen passport. To replace lost passports, be sure to leave plenty of time. It will still take about six weeks to process your passport request. It is possible to apply for a rush passport when replacing a lost or stolen passport. Although there is no additional fee to replace a lost or stolen passport, you will be required to pay another $97 for your passport as if you were applying for it for the first time.

Google Hotel Search

Google Hotel Search

Google Hotel Search (also called Google Hotel Finder) allows you to browse a ...

Airline Credit Cards

Airline credit cards are more common than ever, and if you love getting somet...

Travel Insurance

Most of us going on long-haul journeys to exotic locations realize that ...

Travel Industry News

Corona Virus

coronavirus outbreak is expected to cost the US travel industry at least $5.8 billion this year ...

More Forum Posts »